Saturday, March 28, 2009

Generalities, specifics, and you..

MENEMBUSI KUASA PENGETAHUAN

Has it been hard? It has been confusing in the beginning. In the end it makes thing easy, quick, and fast. I am asking myself is it for real? The thoughts come and go. Again and again. It has been looking for me for sometime. At first I am not aware of its presence. But today the sound of the knock has become clearer and clearer. I open the door and there stand the thoughts that make me wonder why I have been visited.

I am surrounded by generalities. It seems to have the answer for everything. But most appear fake and not genuine. The generalities are in everything. All topics are being presented but the response reflects the generalities I am talking about. The students are victims of generalities of the day, time, and the year. As a change agent for specifics, I must try hard not to fall prey to their generalities in learning for the sake of knowledge. That is the vision of knowledge and it is your mission to make them feel knowledge as such.

A student would succumb to generalities at all cost. So selfish of them when comes to request that has nothing to do with knowledge and curiousity. They don't see knowledge in the weird and curiosity sense of the word. In the process you are the victim to their whims and fancies. They come and change class as their like. Their life and personal timetable is of greater important compared to what you have been doing. My topic is about life and death, happiness and sadness, hell and heaven. But their behaviour still reflect the destructive understanding of generalities. They are here to seek knowledge. Are they? But their behaviour does not appear as such. They are still very much with the generalities. As a result of the impact, I have to to review the roles I should play. Well, we want to see our nation great. I know that. But the tsunami of generalities has become so big that tend to swallow you and the specifics. Allah Yang Maha Besar lagi Mengetahui yang akan membuka rahsia pengetahuan kepada yang berfikir.

No comments: