Friday, February 12, 2010

Silence...



I don't really hear anything of substance from them except my own voice in all its knowledge dimensions. I am doing all the talking. And they don't give a damn as to what has been said. In another words they don't learn. They love the process of learning but they don't really put their heart and thoughts into it. They love classes in their own personal way without books and without argument and without quality production of assignment. And they love cancellation of classes. I did ask them to buy a text book for the course. Till today I keep asking. And I shall be asking for the last time when they are back from their break. And after that I shall stop asking. And at the end of the semester I shall be doing the assessment and the grading. And with this writing as a reminder, I shall be really looking for a commitment in terms of thoughts and positive contribution to process learning. Till then I shall still be asking, `till when it shall be all silence..?'

No comments: