Thursday, November 19, 2009

here comes the new superpower - the internet

Little did we know about power in the true sense of the word. But we do know about the power of writing. Newspaper is the traditional medium to wield power of leaders among followers of certain parties. John F. Kennedy makes another medium more powerful than radio and newspapers. It is the TV. Then comes another man who makes another medium a powerful tool to disseminate information and at the same time persuading. He is none other than Barrack Obama, the first black President of USA. He uses the cyberspace and the internet to influence. And now our prime minister, Najib is following his footsteps with his Facebook. And today I am asking myself about myself. I am a non partisan type of person and I hate hatred that can cause unnecessary divisions in the society especially those who are closed to your very existence. What should I do in order to disseminate information that can cause a lasting peace in everything? The internet - the new superpower that is super, fast, quick, and timeless.

1 comment:

HambaMaya said...

prof, without u realising it, u are actually doing it now.. hohohoho....