Wednesday, May 12, 2010

left behind..

Nobody wants to be left behind. But everybody does. In his or her own way, a person might not be as quick as the others. One faculty is weak but not all the faculties. Some are good in listening but others might be good in digesting food in classes. In my teaching career, I have noted students are of different capabilities. But one thing I really hate is the gap they feel in a lecturer. Especially the official teaching gap. They see the lecturer has nothing to do with their own personal handicap despite knowing so well the lecturer is there to help them. They come and they go. And I even don't have the chance to remember their names what more to familiarise myself with their faces. And I have lost count of these type of students. They are so many. Physically and officially, I am the one who are left behind for another group of students next semester. But deep down in me is one wish. Next time around, I am hoping to see students of a different kind. What is it? Students and me are of one thought with the humanity. If that wish is granted, then neither the students nor me would be left behind...

No comments: