Thursday, March 4, 2010

Defections...

I belong to the old school of thought on defection. Defections of member of political parties are common in Malaysia now. In those old days of cold war, defections that are well reported were citizens of the communist countries defected to the west. What about defections of senators of democratic party to the republican? I took the course of American political science when I pursue my degree over there. Topic of defection? Never heard of it. Allegiance, integrity, loyalty are all part of a person in pursuing some kind of good life for the people. They belief in certain ideology and principles which they belief can bring about change to the masses. If those are the reasons for the defections, then it is acceptable. Anyway, political scenario in Malaysia is quite different from other countries. If it is different, then what are the true reasons for the defections? Anyway, in the Malaysian context I see it as agreeable to the Malaysian way of peaceful life. Can we ask for more? I see no other alternative.

No comments: