Friday, August 1, 2008

Freedom, love, and humanity...




The word freedom has been used in all sorts of human endeavour. Government and political parties are institutions that thrive on the word freedom. Just to state few examples of that word usage; freedom and independence, freedom and peace, freedom and wealth, freedom and hunger, freedom and love, and much much more.

What is good in being free and live in or for freedom? Is there such thing as absolute freedom? Freedom of expressions like what I am doing right now is also freedom. But do I have the freedom in expressing in any languages I like? There are comments pertains to me writing in English language saying that I am not patriotic. Are they trying to curb my freedom? To me writing is the result of listening to your inner voice. And the voices can be heard in many languages. And each voice is a culture in itself. Each voice evokes some kind of a feeling. To me English language is a language of love and humanity. Many Malays or Malaysians for that matter, can utter the expression of love to someone by saying `I love you' or `I miss you' but hard to express `saya cinta kamu' or `saya merindui kamu.' Two expressions and two languages would give a different shade of meaning. I don't know but could be.

Despite of the excessiveness in the use of the word freedom, has it not occur to you that all freedom is for sale? What I mean if you are very free in doing something and that something is really of high quality, then sell or find a market for it. So let us not be so rhetoric with the slogan freedom. Thus the bottom line to the word freedom is the question, "are we getting anywhere in terms of earning a livelihood?" And readers you are free in commenting anything on what I have said. But please not a personal attack like `semangat patriotisme saya dah luntur.' Comment on the contents please or line of my thinking. Remember gestalt psychology, the sum is not equal to the parts. What you have read is only a small part of me. You have to know a lot more on me before you can make a conclusion on me. Remember, to know is to love. And anybody is free to do that. It is indeed a happiness knowing someone who revered the expression of love and humanity.

No comments: