Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today and where is tomorrow..?

When I was a small boy, my focus is on things I love to play with. Is it love, is it sheer curiosity of a boy at that age that makes me do what as a boy naturally bent to do. I could not really recall `those feelings' that I possess when I was a small boy. I just leave it to the wind where to fly me, so to speak. But what I can remember best about me is that I never complain on things I should have done either being asked or just doing it for the sake of doing it.If I were to borrow today's phrase and fit it with my behaviour then, I am very much my own man or `boy' in anything and on everything. All in all, being a boy, I am obedient, and don't have the slightest idea of the years ahead in terms of higher education and happy life. I just live by the day and tomorrow, not next week, or next month.

Being what I am now, I just don't know what has gone wrong with my upbringing and my previous life. Looking back all those years, and looking at where and what I am now, I never thought it is going to be like this. In short, I am quite successful compared to my other brothers and sisters. And I am really a shock to my father and my mother.

As I have said just now, being one's own self and not easily influenced by the environment and friends, despite lacking in ambition and effort, one can still make it provided one has a good heart and kindness. With the characteristics of kindness and good heart, it is going to be an open sesame to the knowledge at large and infinite. Knowledge knows not what is tomorrow, because it is here now and today. As for tomorrow, it would take care by itself.

No comments: