Saturday, July 12, 2008

In Lighter Mood...



In lighter mood, remembering my encounter with stupidities on these two occasions.
>
>
Scene 1

I was on this plane when I met another Malaysian student who are heading to Nevada. He sat besides me. He introduces himself. And I say something about myself. Then things become so quite. `You don't know me?' he blurts. `Sorry, I don't', I replied back. `You know back in Malaysia, my face is always on TV. I am a soccer player representing Malaysian youth in that game.' Oh my God, why not a beautiful lady sat beside me instead of talking to this bloke. He forgets his face is only on TV not outside TV! How would I remember? Even if it were George Bush the President of USA who sat beside me, I would have easily mistaken him for my friendly neighbour. To this day I can't recall that student's name what more remembering the face.

Scene 2
On a cold day, on a street of Janesville, Wisconsin, a girl student with a cigarette in her hand, approached me for a lighter. Then she lights up her cigarette, say thank you, and still looking at me before disappearing into the dark side of a renovated old building around the street's corner. Back at the student's dorm I told my friend about the incident. "What you stupid," he said, "can't you see, she is asking you more than a lighter!" To this day I am still asking myself, whether I am the one who is stupid, or my friend.

1 comment:

Hamdan said...

There are times stupidity help to cure...