Monday, July 28, 2008

Lock-out Personality Type..





Wonder what is a lock-out personality type? Just love to coin a new term for personality type. You might not find it in the book but the term has been used for something else. I have come across an article that use the term that describe presentation. As for him, presentation can be of two types, lock-in v.s. lock-out. Briefly, lock in means presentation that is well prepared, despite what has been said does not reflect the belief of the presenter. LOCK-OUT represents a person who has a lot of experience and to him off-stage and on-stage is inseparable. He talks about the same thing even if he is off-stage and talking to a friend!

And now I am extending it to personality type. Just to say plainly, my personality represents the `lock-out' category. I am what I am, off-stage or on-stage. As far I am concerned the two is inseparable. Yesterday I was chairing an annual meeting of an organisation. Since I am a lock-out personality type of person, the chairing is not a burden. Not that much preparation and just do things that reflect my everyday behavior, thinking and doing. In other words, what I think, what I say is well synchronized that need no thorough preparation. Thus the event looks smooth if it is chaired by someone who are in that category of personality type. What if a `lock-in' personality is to take charge the meeting? I am sure the night before the meeting takes place, he would find himself in `hell' doing all the preparation he can and what more if the meeting is officiated by a Senator, just to state an example. Even the manner he should dress himself is being scrutinized to the detail and depth.

From my observation, the `lock-out' personality-type is not that many around. Hard to find, a rare species, so to speak. Yesterday, it really opens my eyes on certain individuals who all this while I thought of possessing a positive attitude towards society what more if it concerns patriotism and nationhood.. Many did not turned up for the meeting and i guess they are being selfish in their intentions because the minister who are supposed to be at the meeting did not turned up.. Just to look at it academically, they belong to that `lock-in' personality category. Their personal life is their business and nothing to do with public life. As for the `lock-out' personality their actions and decisions transcends people, physical and time barrier. We are one and nothing is separable, every minute counts; so are every other life and every other body. So keep on thinking, keep on writing, and keep on doing things that benefit the society.

No comments: